Regina Llopis holds a BS degree in Mathematics with high honors from the University of Maryland, then pursued a MS degree in Mathematics and a PhD in Applied Mathematics to Artificial Intelligence, both degrees from the University of California in Berkeley. Additionally, she completed a Senior Management Program from IESE Business School in Barcelona.
Her long teaching career involved teaching at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Universidad Simón Bolívar de Caracas, visiting professor at the Department of Mathematics of Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, at the Research Center in IBM, IBM-UAM and visiting professor during a short stay at the Universidad Católica in Chile.
She has led multidisciplinary teams for international projects in software engineering for industrial monitoring among other things. She was member and director of the Parque Científico Universidad in Barcelona in 1998 and 1999
Is board member of the portfolio companies she has designed and created: Gridquant, Inc. (U.S.A.) since 2012, EleQuant, Inc. (U.S.A.) since 2001, MAIA (México) since 2004, AIA and R&R Music Limited.
Has created and maintained permanent business relations with some of the leading banking, energy and telecommunication companies in Spain. Began export services in the energy. sector with Pacific Gas and Electric Company in San Francisco, California with 20 million customers, with Comisión Federal de Electricidad, the owner and operator of Mexico´s electric network, one of the biggest in the world which provides electricity to over 100 million people. Regina is leading with her team the the company´s market global expansion.
Main awards and recognitions:
- Included among the TOP 100 women leaders in Spain in 2017 by the website portal Mujeres&Cia.
- “Ada Byron” Award to the Technologist of the Year in 2017 by the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Deusto.
- IWEC AWARD (IWEC – International Entrepreneurial Challenge Foundation, created by the Chambers of Commerce of Barcelona, Chamber of Commerce of Manhattan and FICCI/FLO (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry Ladies Organization).
- “Juan Bufí” Award, Nov 2004. Granted by the Bufí and Planas Foundation. This is a reward to a meritorious entrepreneurship in innovation through close teamwork with employees who are the company´s main goal.
- Chosen by Marquis “Who’s Who” Thirteenth edition.
- Associate Professor promotion (June 1984).
- Aggregate Professor Promotion (July 1980).
- Special academic award from the Department of Mathematics of the University of Maryland, U.S.A.
- Bachelor in Science (BS) in Mathematics with high honors from the University of Maryland.