Energos was a research project for the development of knowledge and technologies to advance the deployment of smart grid energy distribution (Smart-Grid). The main feature of these networks is their ability to integrate and manage the actions of the users that are connected to it in real time – generators, consumers and those who are both things at once, in order to obtain efficient, safe and sustainable energy supply.
This project was part of the National Strategic Consortia for Technical Research (CENIT) to boost innovation and technological development in key areas of society.
The consortium formed for the project included the participation of major national companies in the area of smart grids and was led by Gas Natural Fenosa with a relevant role by Indra.
Grupo AIA’s role in the project included the following activities:
- Development of algorithms for new operations for Smart Grids
- Generation and geographical forecasting demand
- Algorithms for smart grid operation planning
- Socioeconomic Impact Assessment
- Coordination of distributed intelligent network devices
- Algorithms for automatic operation of the network
- Development of unsupervised local intelligent algorithms for network control
- Developing a probabilistic analysis methods contingency
The project ran from 2010 to 2012.