expiredREF AIA-2021-02-005 – Data Scientist job offer description – INNO
Grupo AIA is specialized in advanced software developments based on optimization, simulation and Machine Learning techniques (classification, forecasting, etc.), using both Big Data and standard databases, and applying basic science methodologies, mainly from mathematics and physics. Grupo AIA´s striving objective is to transform information into useful knowledge to give our customers rigorous support for decision-making at all operational and management levels.
Grupo AIA is currently looking for a Data Scientist willing to develop a professional career in a growing company specialized in solving complex problems in the industrial and business sectors through advanced technologies. We offer you the opportunity to work at the forefront of cutting-edge innovation projects for some of the major companies in the country. Our main target sectors are banking, energy, retail, and biotech. We also participate in advanced R&D projects such as quantum technologies. You can see some of our projects on our website, http://aia.es.
What do we expect from you and what are the deliverables involved?
You will work as Data Scientist on projects for the Innovation Unit in AIA. Your job will consist in:
- Developing AI/ML models for forecasting, classification, and optimization tasks.
- Interacting with final customers to ensure full understanding of their real needs, business model, and technological environment.
- Proposing the most suitable methodology, keeping in mind the project´s feasibility according to each customer´s constraints.
- Presenting individual work to the team and commercial presentations to customers.
- Identifying possible new projects or project extensions of existing ones.
You will have the support and knowledge of the Innovation Team of AIA, which will accompany you along with the implementation of such projects. In turn, we expect from you:
- Fast- prototyping skills.
- Capacity to identify gaps in existing algorithms/libraries and to develop specific solutions to solve them.
- Results-driven, strong analytical skills, and a high level of understanding for structuring and solving real business problems.
- Being proactive and having the ability to work either autonomously or as part of a team, depending on the needs of each project.
Being part of the Innovation unit of AIA will let you enjoy a stimulating environment with your colleagues to share, learn and apply the latest technological advances in AI. It will also allow you to be in contact with different sector experts, learn from them the insights of their businesses, and enjoy applying your technical skills to solve the proposed problems.
- PhD in Science (preferable, but not exclusively, in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science).
- Experience in Data Science (> 1 year).
- Experience in Python and SQL.
- Advanced level of English.
The following items are not essential, but will be highly valued:
- Experience in Big Data environments (including cloud).
- Experience interacting with Data Engineers to ensure that the technological environment of the clients is understood, and proposing the suitable methodology and solutions.
- Management experience with teams of Data Scientists/Analysts.
- Communication skills to convey complex ideas.
- Passion for keeping up to date with the state of the art in AI/ML.
Jordi Nadal – firstname.lastname@example.org