Grupo AIA specializes in advanced software development based on optimization, simulation, and Machine Learning techniques (classification, forecasting, etc.), both on Big Data and traditional databases, through basic science methodologies, mainly from Mathematics and Physics. Grupo AIA focuses on the transformation of information into useful knowledge, to provide our customers a rigorous data-based support for their decision-making, at all operational and managerial levels.
Grupo AIA is currently seeking a Power Systems R&D Scientist who is willing to make a professional career in a growing company specialized in the solution of complex problems in the industrial and business sectors through the application of advanced technologies. We offer you to work at the forefront of cutting-edge innovation projects for some of the major companies in the country. Our main target sectors are banking, energy, retail, and biotech. We also participate in advanced R&D projects such as Quantum technologies. You can see some of our projects on our website, http://aia.es.
What is expected of you and what are the deliverables involved
You will work as R&D Scientist on projects for the Energy Unit in AIA, mainly in tools and consulting for the operation and network planning of power transmission grids: modeling, analysis, simulation, optimization, etc.
- Develop/expand/refine models of power equipment in the field of network simulations, both static (power flow) and time domain (quasi-EMTP), and their implementation in simulation tools of large electrical companies.
- Develop testing & validation codes, both at the Unit Testing level and at the global (functional) level of the simulation tools.
- Review the latest advances in the scientific literature of this field, evaluate whether they apply, and quickly learn how to take advantage of them.
- Analyze and report results in the technical language used by the electric engineers of our client companies.
- Interact with the client (power company) in order to understand the business needs, both at the operational and the analytical level, as well as the technological IT environment in which the solution is to be deployed.
- Propose the most suitable methodology, evaluating implementation feasibility case by case.
- Present individual work to the team and commercial presentations to customers.
- Identify possible new projects or project extensions to existing ones.
You will have the support and knowledge of the AIA’s Energy team, which will accompany you along with the implementation of projects. In turn, AIA expects of you:
- A strong basic background in Physics or Electrical Engineering. Specialization in power transmission is not required, but we expect fast learning in this area.
- A strong training or proven experience in programming.
- Strong analytical and high comprehension skills, together with a results-driven attitude to solve real business problems.
- A proactive person, capable carrying out work either autonomously or as a teamwork player, depending on each project needs.
As part of the Energy team of AIA, you will enjoy a stimulating environment with your colleagues to share, learn and apply the latest technological advances in AI and power grid networks. You will also be able to be in contact with experts at client companies and learn the ins and outs of their businesses, while experiencing the satisfaction of seeing how your work solves the problems they pose.
- Bachelor Degree / Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Training / proven experience (> 1 year) in programming (any language), preferably in areas related to algorithms or numerical methods
- Advanced level of English
The following list items are not essential but will be highly valued:
- PhD (in any area)
- Experience in power grids
- Programming experience in any of the following languages: C, Fortran, Java, Python, MATLAB
- Experience in the Modelica language
- Experience working in technological innovation environments for any business sector
- Communication skills to convey complex ideas
- Passion for keeping up to date with the state of the art in Science & Technology in general